We are looking for a driven and meticulous forensic analyst to investigate companies' finances and analyze fraudulent activity and financial misconduct. The forensic analyst’s responsibilities include tracing and recovering illegitimate funds, writing reports on the findings, and explaining how the illegal activities were carried out.
To ensure success as a forensic analyst, you should be detail-oriented and able to present your findings in a calm and professional manner. An excellent forensic analyst should possess above-average ability to utilize various software’s and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Investigating the financial data of a company suspected of fraudulent activity.
· Compiling and analyzing evidence of illegal activity.
· Interpreting and evaluating financial information.
· Conducting interviews with personnel to uncover and gather evidence.
· Developing a hypothesis from the information.
· Presenting the investigative findings to the appropriate personnel.
· Recommending actionable steps to remedy and prevent future occurrences of fraud.
· Preparing documentation and evidence for presentation in court.
· Presenting evidence of financial irregularities to supervisor to present to court members in a clear and professional manner.
· Explaining the findings of the research in understandable terms, and disclosing investigative methods and procedures.
· Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
· Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· A minimum of 2 years' experience working in an accounting or auditing role.
· Ability to work independently without the need for supervision.
· Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
· Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Articulate report-writing skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
· talk or hear.
· use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· traverse; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
· occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.